Pages

December 28, 2010

Makan-makan: Kam Ling: Chicken Curry Bread

Best Blogger Tips
 The famous dish of Kampar, the 面包鸡 (literally: Chicken Bread). We were recommended to Kam Ling Restaurant in Kampar old town.

 Here's the famous Chicken Bread in Kampar. 2 flavors available, the curry flavour and herbs flavor. We selected the chicken curry bread.
It looks exactly like a big loaf of bread when it was served. The waitress will cut the bread into smaller pieces and the curry is hidden in the bread.

Review: The outer layer of the bread was sweeten but thick and hard while soft in the inside. The chicken curry was not spicy, not at all. It tasted common to me. Nothing special about this dish, although it's famous. I find the bread a little hard. Even Gardenia taste better than this. So, I'll just get some bread and dip into curry at home. I dont think I'll have the dish again. Nothing to shout about. :(

Price: RM22 for small

I find the egg tarts are more interesting than the chicken bread. It's very fresh. The flaky thousand layer tart shell is superb. However, it is not available all the time. It's selling fast. Grab some before it's sold out.

Price: RM1.40 each

Review: I personally think the egg tart tastes better than the chicken bread. The chicken bread wass nothing interesting. The tart shell was flaky , wobbly, crisp while the egg custard is soft. Very good. However, the egg was a little too sweet to my liking. But I still love it.

Information:
Kam Ling Restaurant
No 105 & 107, Jalan Idris,
31900 Kampar, Perak
Tel: 05-4661174 / 4653514
[GPS coordinate: 4.313578,101.15225]


Rachel Says: The food is served was average. But the egg tarts were GOOD. Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment